by Jessica Gerald
- 6 large green peppers
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cube chicken boullion
- 1 pint of diced cooked chicken
Cut a thin slice from the stem end of the green peppers. Take out the seeds and white membrane. Rinse in cold water. Stand the shells upright in a greased baking dish or cake pan.
To prepare creamed chicken:
- Bring milk to the boiling point.
- Add the flour and butter. Stir briskly until it thickens.
- Dissolve chicken boullion in the mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add chicken to the mixture.
- Fill the pepper shells with the chicken mixture. Cover with bread crumbs and dot with butter.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
About the Author:
Jessica Gerald is a Christian wife, mother of two grown sons, retired elementary school teacher, and current Sunday school teacher of fourth and fifth graders. You may visit her website at http://www.oldfashionedhomemaking.com.