I LOVE BREAD PUDDING!! It is one of my favorite desserts to eat, especially with a large scoop of ice-cream. It’s easy and a good way to get rid of old or stale bread.
The best part about bread pudding is that you can always change it up. I want to share my favorite recipe (passed down from a recipe card my mom gave me) and a couple other recipes that I have found to be delicious.
My Mom’s Chocolate Banana Bread Pudding
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk ( I have also used coconut milk as a substitute)
- 2 very ripe bananas
- ¾ cups white sugar (you can go up to 1 cup, depending on how sweet your desserts)
- 1.5 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups of cubed bread (French, White, Croissant, I even used whole grain). You can use old bread or even stale bread.
- 1.5 cups of semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips.
- 1 tsb of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an 8x8in baking dish with cooking spray.
- You can use other size baking dishes or even cupcake baking tray, but you will have to play around with the cooking time.
- In a large bowl mix the milk, bananas, vanilla, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Put the bread on the baking dish, and pour in the mix and pour the mixture. Let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 40 minutes to an hour or until a knife comes out clean.
- Serve it with ice-cream!!!
Here is another recipe that I used in the past:
Summer Bread Pudding with Berries
Last but not least:
Bread Pudding with Vanilla Sauce: