Note from Milo: Mexican cheesecake is my favorite dessert in the world. When I am feeling down and life is giving me me lemons, I make Mexican cheesecake (ok, lemons are not an ingredient, but limes are). My sister is the best at making it, so I asked her to share her receipe .
Mexican Cheese Cake Recipe by Carolina
This not-too-sweet, simple, and easy-to-make cheesecake recipe has been handed down to me from my Mexican grandmother. It’s a total hit among my family and friends, and every time we need a dessert, my mom and brother will suggest this first. Enjoy!
- 16 oz. cream cheese
- 5 eggs
- Zest from a medium lime
- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk, the best for this recipe is called La Lechera. (Available in most Mexican Stores, or at the international isles at Meijers or Walmart)
- 1 full sleeve of Maria crackers (you should find it in the same location you find the La Lechera)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1) In a food processor, powder the cookies.
2) With your hands, mix the powdered cookies with melted butter.
3) Press crust mixture evenly around the bottom and up the sides of the pie pan.
4) Let the pie crust cool in fridge until needed.
5) Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
6) In a blender, thoroughly combine the cream cheese, zest, condensed milk, and eggs.
7)Slowly pour the batter into the pie crust and bake for about 1 hour.
8) Do a toothpick test: Stick a toothpick in the middle of the pie, if it comes out clean then the pie is done. If not, put it back in the oven and check every 5-7 min.
Serve Cold and Share!